Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I D.efine L.ife Interview Series Feat. Phil The God



Phil Reid, better known as Phil The God is our latest feature for the I D.efine L.ife interview series. I met him when we were both interns and I've been inspired by his growth ever since. The young film director has been making major moves building quite the resume working with brands and notable artists such as Common, Diggy Simmons, and Jill Scott just to name a few.  Phil took time out of his busy schedule to discuss his journey as well as share sound advice for other aspiring visionaires.

How did you get your start?

I've been directing for just under 5 years. I got my start doing short episodes for my good friend Kenny Burns and his show. From there I did a few music videos for my friends which was just us having a good time creating. Also if talking about my start, I can't get too far without mentioning another mentor Coach K who gave me a 5D Mark II outright and gave me different opportunities with shooting artists on the road. 



What has been a highlight in your career thus far?

A highlight for my career has been seeing the other passionate souls I've managed to work with over time get their careers started under my tenure. Seeing someones dream of being in and of the arts made manifest on set, is sometimes the only real hope they have of getting their creative desire made active reality. Its a humbling feeling to be apart of that.

What inspires your work?

Emotion inspires the majority of my work. If a human can feel or understand or even recognize an emotion somehow in a piece I've done then theres a subtle sense of affirmation I'm met with. If the human can relate, than we've communicated on an even higher plane at the purest level.




Tell us about your affiliation with Mifland leather goods?

Im a brand ambassador for Mifland Leather Goods. The brand owner Tobi E. has also been my good friend for almost a decade so us collaborating was just a natural progression for both of our brands. I support in any way possible.

 


What advice would you give to other aspiring directors or any young person trying to chase their dreams?

Give yourself 10 years. Give yourself time.






Tell us about Runengund?

Runengund is what I call a concept company, because its more of an ever evolving idea than a structured flagship . Any content that can be shot from short films to television series to tour visuals can be executed for any client. We're building with niche brands and niche markets aiming to provide services and entertainment to this generation and the next.

What's next for you? Any new projects that we can be on the look out for?

The Runengund: Hire Me app is in full development and Im incredibly excited about it. The purpose of the app is for creatives worldwide to be able to get hired in their area off of their personal portfolio.  A path was chartered for me in the film industry and this is my way of opening opportunities up for the generations to come.

##

Click here to get more information on Runengund . You can also follow Phil on twitter & Instagram @PhilTheGod.


Xo,
Closet Whisperer

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...