Saturday, September 21, 2013

Mattieologie x Rachel Roy Macy's Event

When I saw Mattie's instagram post that she would be hosting an event with Rachel Roy, I was super excited. I have followed Mattie's fashion blog for a while.  I love her style & her pictures are always so fun & full of personality. Rachel Roy is also 1 of my favorite designers. So, this was a win-win for me. So last night I hopped in Malcom ( I name my cars lol) & headed to Lenox Mall. The event was super chic. There were hors d'oeuvres, a live dj, shopping, & of course Mattie & Rachel Roy themselves.


Blogger Mattie wearing Rachel Roy from head to toe

Designer Rachel Roy


I met new people, browsed Rachel Roy's Fall 10 collection & jewelry trunk show.

Designer Lakisha Blake 
 I met designer LaKisha Blake as well. She looked stylish wearing a chic jumpsuit from her own collection paired with gold metallic sandals. She finished her look with a super cute top knot bun.

Bracelets: Rachel Roy....& How cute are Mattie's nails?!!



Fashion Artist (Designer & Wardrobe Stylist) Vanne McMillan

Rachel was even more gorgeous in person. She was also REALLY nice & so personable with everyone.

Dress: Rachel Roy (old). Shoes: Aldo "Weatherbee" Pump

As for what I wore.... I thought it was only appropriate to wear my Rachel Roy dress to a Rachel Roy event. But get this- As soon as I walked up to greet Rachel, she thanked me for wearing her dress! She told me I looked great. I almost fainted, I was so geeked! I told her I get TONS of compliments on it & since I don't wear dresses above the knee, the length was just perfect. She also said she loved my shoes & I told her I was equally obsessed with hers. 

Rachel Roy's Haute boots from her own collection


All in all I had a fabulous time. Be sure to go to Macy's & check out Rachel Roy's Fall 10 collection. 

Xo,
Closet Whisperer








No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...