Monday, September 29, 2014

OUTKAST EPIC Homecoming Concert

Closet Whisperer IG


When the Outkast concert in Atlanta was announced, the tickets sold out so fast that I didn't even bother trying to go. However, Solange posted on her IG that she would be the opening act for Friday's show & I love me some her. So, I asked on fb if anyone was selling tickets. Of course this was a week before the concert. I don't know why I torture myself like this. Anywho, I got a few prospects but something just told me to check Ticketmaster & see what happens. Just my luck, there were extra tickets released & I got 3 for Friday's show. Now I'm not saying the Lord wanted me to see Outkast, I'm just saying he stays looking out for me.

OPENING ACTS 

Janelle Monae

ClosetWhisperer IG 

Solange ended up getting a root canal & couldn't make it *insert blank face emoji here* I was so bummed. Future ended up being her replacement. Since I have NEVER heard a Future song that I didn't love I ended up being okay with that decision.

Photo Credit

Next up was 2 Chainz. He did so good! He has great stage presence & I loved that he brought his daughter on stage to perform with him. Too cute!

ATLast
Photo Credit

Outkast came out & performed like the Legends they are. Shut. It Down. The set was dope. The lights, special effects......You could tell they really wanted to give their hometown a great experience. They opened with the extra hype B.O.B. & performed all their hits from there, old & new. SpottieOttieDopalicious, Prototype, Kryptonite... Even Bun B surprised the crowd for International Player's Anthem. Sidenote: Big Boi can dance! I LOVE live shows & when I tell you that was the best concert I have ever been to! Kanye West's Glow In The Dark tour used to be my #1 but this knocked it down to #2. The energy, the people, & just being in the heart of downtown with Atlanta as the backdrop.... It was amazing. I was on my feet for 6 hours straight dancing!

WHAT I WORE



I wore a MNG by Mango maxi dress from JC Penney. I'm tall but it's still so long on me that its practically a gown. I felt overdressed but I've had it for a while & really wanted to wear it before it gets too cold. Thank God the back was out. So, it didn't look too "sophisticated" lol



Did anyone else catch the Outkast concert this weekend?

Xo,
The Closet Whisperer

1 comment :

  1. Wow!! This concert is really rocking. I really want to attend live music concerts dear before I do event planning for the events in NYC. Can you help me dear in planning? I really want to have some ideas like how to plan such events.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...