Friday, September 12, 2014

What I Wore: NYFW Day 1



If you follow me on social media, you'll know that I went to New York Fashion Week this year! It's been almost 2 years since I been in New York & I was so excited to go. I always come alive there! With that being said I came up with the bright idea to go maybe a week & a half ago! So, planning the wardrobe was very last minute. I know, I'm crazy.



The best advice I got was from my friend Dane who is like my very own Miranda Priestly. Anyways, she said: "To me fashion week is about a bag, a jacket, nice shoes" basically stand out pieces. From then a light bulb went off to find statement items that meshed well with my existing wardrobe.


Which brings me to this coat that I found at TJ Maxx!! Its by *drumroll* Clover Canyon! I wore it to the Essence Street Style Block Party on Sunday & received a TON of compliments everywhere I went. Women, men, everybody loved it! Honestly Tj Maxx's  Runway/ Contemporary section has been my go to for a great jacket. This is now 2 for 2. Remember this?


Jacket: Clover Canyon "Cuban" Bomber Jacket (similar).  Jeans: Mng by Mango (old) similar. Clutch: Forever 21 (old).  Heels: Mix No. 6 (sold out)

Since the bomber jacket was more than enough to catch the eye. Pairing it with jeans & a basic tee seemed to make sense! Stay tuned for more fashion week posts!!

Xo,
Closet Whisperer 


2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...